Horizon Utilities Corporation has established an Environmental Management System which is in compliance with the international environmental standard, ISO 14001:2004. Horizon Utilities' certification to this global standard not only confirms our commitment to operate in an environmentally sustainable manner, it also synchronizes our valuable environmental principles and practices with the goal of continuous improvement, reducing environmental impact and adhering to all applicable environmental regulations.
The ISO 14001 standard is an important focus for Horizon Utilities:
- To assist us in reducing our environmental impact
- To minimize the risk of regulatory and environmental liability fines and improve on the organization’s efficiency
- To provide Horizon Utilities with a competitive advantage against other companies
- To have a positive impact on the company’s asset value that can lead to improved public perceptions of the business
- As a tool to identify cost savings opportunities.
Horizon Utilities continues to manage, control and mitigate environmental risks by conducting monthly environmental site inspections, conducting ongoing training and constantly enhancing communication efforts. Adopting an Environmental Management System based on ISO 14001 standards ensures that Horizon Utilities' processes and practices are based on a global standard, supporting our commitment to environmental regulations and accountabilities.